GAMING, BETTING AND SPORTS LAW
The Gaming, Betting and Sports Law Legal Team is prepared to render namely the following services, as will as to act over a great variety of operations related with all the dynamic of the economic activity in question:
- Consultancy on the area of the regulation of the activity on the Portuguese territory, concerning the exploitation and promotion of the games of chance, in general, and of the sports bets, in particular, as well as the horse bets;
- Consultancy on the area of the regulation of the activity on the European Union, namely in relation with the European Court of Justice case law;
- Consultancy in terms of the applicant advertising restrictions, on the internal law and on the European Union law;
- Analysis, instruction and elaboration of the administrative and judicial procedures emerging from the exercise of the activity.
The practice of this Department also includes the Sports Law as it is both a specific branch of the law and one that touches on all other areas of the law.
With specialized lawyers in various related practices as well as specialized sports lawyers with extensive experience in this area, the Sports Law Legal Team provides not only a multidisciplinary and cohesive approach but also one that is tailored to the legal issues specific to sports issues and to sportsmen and women.
The advice and support we provide in sports law includes:
- Drafting and negotiating of contracts (sports employment contracts, representation contracts and career management services agreements, sponsorship contracts, contracts granting the use of image rights and others);
- Drafting of institutional regulations/constitutions;
- Arbitration of sports disputes;
- Litigation in the federations’ judicial institutions and in courts in Portugal and abroad;
- Elaboration of legal opinions.